4 May 2009

Rainy Day

Another rainy Monday...
I don't have much to complain about... except I wish you were here with me... :)

Many things happened since the Herpes incident :D
I'll try to summarize my feelings during the last month... I don't think reporting facts is that interesting... though we need them to put our life in a comprehensible context... :)

The 4 days at the SGM meeting in Harrogate made me realize how independent thinking and self-confidence is important to convince others about your ideas...
I experienced opposite emotions... I was persuaded to believe there's no hope left to fight bacteria, eventually they'll win this battle. They can count with the negligent behavior of pharmaceutical companies who intentionally deliver antibiotics 1000x times more concentrated into rivers and fields as if there was no tomorrow! (as it soon won't be...). It makes me sick, ashamed of my profession...
Having the courage to step forward and talk with key speakers in my area was one of the my major breakthroughs, and the fact they've actually listened to what I had to say and even reply reassured me that I'm not yet crazy... :D
Overall it was a very good experience that I'm looking forward to repeat! :)

10 days in Portugal, everyday raining, but to tell you the truth I didn't even notice that, since everything else was so MUCH BETTER than in the Island...! :) The more I get to know UK, the more I fall in Love with Portugal... Sweet hummm:)

Is it the place or the people that make up your happiness? you'd say both? I don't know...

I need the Sun shinning on my window, the heat boiling my skin, the sweat sliding throughout my body, the salty water refreshing my mind and body... I need to laugh about simple things... not to constantly feel guilty about all the misfortune around the world...
Still, what's life if you don't have anyone to share it with?
That's why I thank you destiny for putting all of you on my path and specially those living in Birmingham for making my time here so enjoyable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment